In 2000, cell phones began to become the norm for citizens of Pakistan. The decrease in costs and the ease of access for all people led to a rapid increase in the number of cell phone users over the following years.
The result was the unintentional use of a malicious technology. Numerous illegal activities and terrorist attacks were later discovered to be connected to unregistered SIMs.
To address these issues, PTA introduced an advanced SIM Information System in 2009. It was designed to maintain a digital record of SIM subscribers , so that users can verify whether they have active SIMs that they have been issued with their CNIC.
If you’re not sure regarding the total number of SIM cards associated with your CNIC or want to confirm or block the use of one, then by all means read on.
What number of SIMs could be registered to only one CNIC?
It is essential to realize first that there’s a limit to the amount of SIMs you can have on their CNIC. According to the rules established by PTA one can be granted a maximum of five SIM cards in their name at any one time.
If you have five SIM cards that are registered to your CNIC and you wish to purchase a new one then you first need to stop the SIM card that is no longer being used to ensure the sameness with a maximum number of SIMs.
How do you check the active SIMs associated with the CNIC?
If you’re unaware of active SIM cards associated with your CNIC It is crucial to obtain this information as soon as you can.
There are two simple ways to do this:
- On Websites:
- To verify your number of SIM cards that are active and issued on your account Go to PTA’s SIM Information Site.
- The link will open a web page where you will be asked to input your personal information.
- Input your CNIC number in the field.
- Make sure you’re not a computer and then check the appropriate box, then click ‘ Submit‘.
- You will see a list of registered SIMs for that specific CNIC in tabular form.
- A number of SIMs will be classified by operator and the table will also show what number SIMs you’ve registered against your CNIC.
- By SMS
To determine how many SIMs that are registered to your CNIC by SMS, here’s the short guide:
- Install the text messaging application to your smartphone.
- Enter your CNIC number without hyphens.
- After that, you can forward the message via 668..
- Soon you will be notified via text message that will show you the amount in active SIM cards for every operator to your CNIC.
- Note it is possible to be assessed PKR 2 plus tax per SMS you send to 668.
If you discover that your number of SIMs associated with your CNIC exceeds the number of SIM cards you’re using, you must call your Customer Service Centre of the respective Company Operator.